According to Drik Panchang, one must purchase these precious metals and idols at a specific time. The auspicious timing to buy gold and silver begins at 06:02 PM on October 22 and ends at 06:27 AM on October 23.
- Evening Muhurat: 06:02 PM to 07:21 PM
- Night Muhurat: 08:56 PM to 01:42 AM, October 23
- Early morning Muhurat: 04:52 AM to 06:27 AM, October 23
Drik Panchang mentioned that apart from jewellery, the most preferred items to purchase gold during Diwali are coins. “In India, gold coins are specially moulded for Diwali with Goddess Lakshmi embossed on the front and her symbol Shri embossed at the other side of the coin. In other coins, both Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha, and optionally Goddess Saraswati, are embossed on gold coins,” it noted.
The gold, bought during Dhanteras, is then used during Lakshmi Puja and is often kept inside an artificial home called Hatari., made of mud or silver. “During Lakshmi Puja, the newly bought gold coin is attached to the navel of Goddess Lakshmi with the adhesive which is prepared ad-hoc with Sindoor and pure Ghee.”
So many people venture out to purchase gold, new clothes and other items during and prior to this day that shops make special arrangements to handle the extra rush. Dhanteras is considered as auspicious as Akshaya Tritiya to purchase gold and gold jewellery.
It is believed that on this day, the Goddess of Wealth, Lakshmi, emerged from the ocean during the churning of milk. Hence, Lakshmi and Kubera — the Gods of Wealth — are worshipped on this day. However, Lakshmi puja performed on Amavasya — two days after Dhantrayodashi — is considered more significant.
The festival of Diwali begins with Dhanteras. On Dhanteras, you can offer cashew katli to God. On Dhanteras, along with Lord Dhanvantari, Goddess Lakshmi, the god of wealth Kuber and Yamraj are also worshipped. In such a situation, by offering cashew katli to all the deities, blessings can be obtained by worshiping them according to the law. Kaju Katli is a traditional Indian sweet which is often made on special occasions.Kaju Katli is one such sweet which is liked by people of all ages. Cashew katli prepared from cashew is also better in terms of health.
If you are someone who could be with family or are missing someone, send these messages and quotes to express your feelings and give them good wishes and happiness. Take a look:
- May Maa Lakshmi shower her precious blessings upon you and your family. This Dhanteras, I hope for your happiness and prosperity. Shubh Dhantrayodashi!
- May the light of Diyas bring the brightness of prosperity and joy into your life. Wishing you and your family a Happy Dhanteras and a sparkling Diwali.
- I wish you health, wealth and peace on this fortunate day of Dhanteras. Shubh Dhanteras.
4 May this Dhanteras bring you prosperity and wealth. May your health and wealth multiply 13 folds. Happy Dhanteras.
- May Dhan Kuber Maharaj always keep showering you with his blessings. May we all lead a healthy and wealthy life. Shubh Dhantrayodashi.
- Mite Agyaan Ka Andhkaar, Chaaro or Gyaan ki barsat ho. Hothon Pe Hasi, Dilo Mein Khusiyaan Aur Ghar Mein Maa Lakshmi Ka Vaas ho. Aasha hai aapka yah Dhanteras, kuch is kadar khaas ho.
- May the Goddess of wealth shower her blessings on you, enriching your life with prosperity and happiness. Shubh Dhanteras!
- May your life be full of happiness, good health and harmony with enough wealth to give you all comforts. Shubh Dhanteras!
- Clean your home, draw colourful rangolis and light up earthen diyas in anticipation of Goddess Lakshmi
- Let us buy some gold and silver as the tradition and celebrate this special day…. Happy Dhanteras to you.
Dhanteras is being celebrated on October 23rd (Sunday) all over India this year.