According to the beliefs of Hindu religion, Devuthani Ekadashi falls on the Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month, four months after Lord Vishnu on Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month. After which Mata Tulsi is also married with the Shaligram form of Lord Vishnu on the Dwadashi date. Which is also called Tulsi Vivah. This year there is confusion among people regarding the date of Devuthani Ekadashi and Tulsi Vivah due to Ekadashi date reaching two days. Know the exact date of Devuthani Ekadashi and Tulsi Vivah.
This year Devuthani Ekadashi is on 4th November 2022.
Ekadashi Tithi will start on 03rd November at 07:30 in the evening, which will end on 04th November at 06:08 pm.
The auspicious time to break the Devuthani Ekadashi fast is from 06:36 am to 08:47 am on November 05. The ending time of Dwadashi on the day of Parana Tithi is till 05:06 PM.
This year Tulsi Vivah is on 05 November 2022.
The Dwadashi date of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month will start from 06:08 pm on 05 November and will end on 06 November at 05:06 pm.
- Tulsi Vivah Puja Method-
- On the day of Ekadashi fast, wake up in Brahma Muhurta, take bath etc. and take vows of fasting.
- After this worship Lord Vishnu.
- Now light a lamp and incense in front of Lord Vishnu. Then offer them fruits, flowers and bhog.
- It is believed that Tulsi should be offered to Lord Vishnu on the day of Ekadashi.
- In the evening, while worshiping Lord Vishnu, recite Vishnu Sahasranama.
- On the eve of Ekadashi, one should eat only satvik food.
- Food is not consumed during the fast on Ekadashi.
- Consumption of rice is prohibited on Ekadashi.
- After breaking the fast of Ekadashi, give donations and dakshina to Brahmins.
- Get up early in the morning and retire from bath etc.
- Light a lamp in the temple of the house.
- Anoint Lord Vishnu with Ganga water.
- Offer flowers and Tulsi Dal to Lord Vishnu.
- If possible, keep fast on this day also.
- Tulsi Vivah also takes place on the day of Devuthani Ekadashi.
- The Shaligram avatar of Lord Vishnu and Mata Tulsi are married on this day.
- On this day, worship Goddess Tulsi and Shaligram also with the law.
- Worship God.
- Offer food to God. Keep in mind that only sattvik things are offered to God. Tulsi must be included in the Bhog of Lord Vishnu. It is believed that without Tulsi, Lord Vishnu does not accept the bhog.
- Along with Lord Vishnu, worship Goddess Lakshmi on this holy day.
- On this day, meditate more and more on God.