The day is typically marked by a few rituals followed by a feast and a get-together. And since this festival helps reminisce childhood, siblings look forward to this day every year. Therefore, read on to know the Raksha Bandhan 2022 date and other significant details.
This year, Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on August 11.
The Purnima Tithi will be effective from 10:38 AM on August 11 to 7:05 AM on August 12.
The Aparahna Kaal is deemed ideal for tying the Rakhi. However, one can secure the Raksha Bandhan during the Pradosh Kaal on days without Aparahna Kaal.
This year, the best time for celebrating Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi is as follows:
Pradosh Kaal: 8:51 PM to 9:13 PM.
Inauspicious Bhadra Panchha and Bhadra Mukha time on Raksha Bandhan 2022
People must avoid the Bhadra period for performing the Raksha Bandhan rituals.
- Bhadra Panchha – 5:17 PM to 6:18 PM
- Bhadra Mukha: 6:18 PM to 8:00 PM
The sacred thread symbolises the bond. Traditional beliefs suggest that it strengthens and protects siblings by warding off threats. Therefore, brothers and sisters pray for each other’s well-being.
Interestingly, Raksha Bandhan concurs with Yajurveda Upakarma (sacred thread changing ceremony), Gayatri Jayanti (the birth anniversary of Goddess Gayatri), Hayagriva Jayanti (the birth anniversary of Lord Hayagriva, an avatar of Lord Vishnu) and Narali Purnima festival.
- I may search the world over; there could not be a better brother than you. Happy Raksha Bandhan Bhaiya!
- Thanks for always being my pillar of strength. I am very blessed to have a brother like you. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- On this Rakhi, let’s bring back the lively spirit of childhood, play pranks with each other, and become those wacky siblings we were always. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- If only everyone had an amazing big brother like you, this world would be a better place. Happy Rakhi Bro.
- Dear Bhaiya, you are being missed. Love you to the moon and back. Happy Rakhi. Come home soon and we will celebrate!
- Sorry that I can’t be with you on this Rakhi. I have sent Great love & wishes to you. May the gifts of friendship, happiness, joy, and peace will fill your life. Have a Great Rakhi!
- No matter the distance between us, my Rakhi will always reach on time, to be tied on the wrist of my loving brother with the heartwarming wishes of joy and happiness to illuminate your life.
- No matter where we are in the world, I know I have a brother looking out for me. You are my superhero when I need you. Wish you the happiest Raksha Bandhan ever.
- I wish you the most amazing Raksha Bandhan bhai. I love you the most and can’t imagine my life without you.
- My Little brother, I don’t know how life will take a turn, but I promise you the place you hold in my heart no one ever will replace. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- The greatest gift our parents gave us was each other. Happy Rakshabandhan to my sweet Lil brother.
- There is nothing sweet like the bond between a big sister and a little brother. Happy Rakhi my baby brother. Love you!
- It is very difficult for me to express my love for you dear sister. On this special occasion, I just want to tell you sister that you are a world to me. I promise you that I will never leave your side and always be there for you whenever you will need me. Thank you for being the best sister in this world.
- May this Rakhi bring lots of luck and love to you, my dear brother. May all your dreams come true! May God bless you with an abundance of success and good health! Wish you a very happy and prosperous Raksha Bandhan my dear brother.
- Dear sister, on the day of Raksha Bandhan, I want to thank you for each and everything you did for me. You are a gift to my heart and friend to my spirit. Thanks for making life so beautiful.
- To have a wonderful brother is like having a true soul mate. Happy Raksha Bandhan my dearest brother!!
- I pray for you to have peace, good health, happiness and all the good things in life. Happy Rakhi!
- We are miles apart from each other but are still connected as we are entrenched in each other’s hearts forever. Happy Rakhi!
- You are the perfect annoying sister without whom I cannot imagine my life. Keep on annoying me like that my lovely sister. Happy rakhi to you.
- I am glad to receive the most precious gift from God that is you sister. Loads of love and Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Dear sister/brother, I promise to always protect you, today and always. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I can’t thank my stars enough to be born as your sister/brother. You will always be my hero. Happy Rakhi!
- “My big brother still thinks he’s a better singer than me.”– Rod Stewart
- “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.”– Jane Austen
- “Being a big sister is to love your brother, even if he does not want it or love you in return.”- Unknown
- “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.”– Marian Sandmaier
- “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.”– Vietnamese Proverb
- “A friend is a brother who was once a bother.” – Unknown
- “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
- Distance can do little to separate those who are linked by the heart. Sending you love and wishes on this special day. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.”– Amy Li
- I feel proud to have a sister like you. Be the same strong-minded girl always!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Hey sister!! I may be younger you but strong enough to protect you from any evil. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- My brother may not always be at my side but he is always in my heart. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- No one understands me as you do. You are my strongest ally and closest companion. Happy Rakhi, dear sister/brother!
- Enjoy the festival of Rakhi with family, friends and relatives. Lots Of Wishes For Raksha Bandhan!
- Cheer and giggles of siblings, prayer and blessings of elders, learning and merriment for children. This is Rakshabandhan all about. Happy Raksha Bandhan!