Mangal Dosha is known by other names such as Kuja Dosha, Bhom Dosha or Angarakha Dosha. It is a commonly found dosha that may affect men and women equally.
In astrology it is considered as the placement of the planet Mars more commonly known as Mangal, in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th house of a person’s horoscope chart. Out of a total of twelve houses its occurrence in any of these six houses causes this dosha. Those who have this dosha are called Mangliks.
Match-making in a Marriage is a solemn decision taken on behalf of the girl and a boy before they tie the knot to behold each other for the rest of their lives. The Hindus believe that the astrological compatibility of this solemn lifelong binding will enable the couple to live ‘happily ever after’. Mangal Dosha is considered a very crucial factor while matchmaking, due to its negative impact.
Mangal Dosha is thought to be a frequently found dosha or astrological drawback. In the ancient Sanskrit language, the planet Mars is known as Mangal or Kuja. When the planet Mars exists in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, and 12th house of a person’s horoscope chart an astrological situation arises which is famously called Mangal Dosha or Kuaj Dosha or Angarakha Dosha. Any boy or girl having this Dosha is known as Manglik.
- The planet of Mars represents energy, respect, ego, and self-esteem. Hence it said one having the Mangal Dosha is believed to have a volatile temper. Manglik individuals face a lot of issues in compromising and adjusting with their partners.
- Any person man or woman may be Manglik.
- The energy of Manglik individuals is similar to that of fire. Hence this energy needs must be channeled in the right direction for doing something constructive, or otherwise, they may turn bad-tempered and ruthless.
- Mangal Dosha has an overall negative impact on the married life, mental state, and also leads to financial loss.
- It is believed that if a Manglik person is born on Tuesday the effects are nullified.
- The negative effects of Manglik dosha can be canceled by the marriage between two Manglik individuals.
But the good news is that Manglik dohsa can be reduced. Various ways exist to cancel out the ill-effects of Mangal Dosha.
These are listed below
- Marriage between two Manglik individuals
- Placement of Mars in the horoscope chart
- Fasting to appease the planet Mars
- Chanting appropriate Mantras
- Contributions, Offerings
- Kumbh Vivah
- Wear gemstones as per the birth chart in the form of rings. Usually, coral stone is worn as a remedy to nullify Mangal Dosha.
- Performing Puja in Temples
http://www.matrimonyindians.com/register/ helps with various options where they find the perfect match for a Mangliks brides and Grooms.